Why this workshop? Trade Finance is at the heart of Domestic and International business. If your company deals in goods, whether within India or Overseas, you need to understand Trade Finance.
This Seminar is designed to train Managers in what they need to know – the know-how that is crucial – so that they can structure and manage trade transactions safely and correctly, with no losses arising out of ignorance.
This Seminar will train Managers to :
- Understand how Trade Finance transactions are structured.
- Understand the risks associated with different structures, and how to manage them.
- Evaluate the options available in financing Trade Finance transactions.
- Negotiate with banks to get the best deals.
Who will benefit?
Senior and mid-level Managers in commercial companies who have low to medium previous knowledge of the intricacies of Trade Finance.
Knowledge & Skills Gained
- Structure of trade on Collection basis
- Letters of Credit and key related issues
- Guarantees and how they are used
- Managing risks arising out of trade transactions
- Managing risks arising out of Foreign Exchange
- Incoterms and how they should be used
The key deliverables
- Ability to structure trade transactions on Collection
- Ability to structure Import LCs, and to comply with Export LC requirements
- Ability to use guarantees effectively
- Insight into managing foreign exchange exposures
- Meaning of INCOTERMs and the implications of each
What the Workshop Covers?
- Open account trade transactions
- Structure of Letters of Credit
- Commonly used Clauses and their precise implications
- Guarantees and how they should be used
- Foreign Exchange - Limiting losses but not profits
- Incoterms– what they mean and how to use them
- How to deal with banks
- Introduction and Warm up:
- Collection transactions
Letters of Credit
- DA and DP bills, the risks thereof, and how to manage them
- Key terms and their meanings
- How to avoid problems – Dos and Don’ts
Managing Foreign Exchange Risk
Incoterms – Meanings and Applications
- Different types of guarantees and their uses
- Key Learning & Action Plan, Open session
Amitabha Banerjee is an Engineer (IIT-Kharagpur), MBA (Univ of Rochester, USA) and certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers.
He has 35 years of banking corporate experience in India and overseas, working with HSBC, Emirates Bank, Oman Intnl bank and the Government of Dubai. He has extensive experience in Trade Finance, Corporate banking and Foreign Exchange. He has taught various subjects at RBI Banker’s Training College, Institute of Materials Management, National Institute of Bank management, Training Colleges of the Central banks of UAE and Oman etc. He has guided and assisted a number of leading organizations in India and the Middle East in managing their Trade Finance transactions in domestic and international markets.
In our workshop, we maximize knowledge assimilation in the participants through combination of execution elements like case discussions, exercises, simulated games and activities, video led sessions and discussions on global best practices. At the end of each workshop we facilitate the participants to distill Key Learning and prepare Action Plans to deliver solid business results for our clients.
Clients and Participants Speak:
Fees and Registration:
The fee which covers breakfast, lunch & tea/coffee and reading material.
|For 1-2 participants - Fee per participant
||For 3 or more participants – Fee per participant
|Rs. 7,500/- plus taxes* is Rs. 8,427/-
||Rs. 7,000/- plus taxes* is Rs. 7,865/-
|* Taxes Include - Service tax @ 12% plus education cess at 3%
The fee is payable by cheque in favor of "NR Performance Edge Consultants Pvt. Ltd."
at any of our addresses below.
Our Service Tax Registration No. is AACCN1359CST001 & PAN AACCN1359C
Kindly send your nomination/s through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on your letter head indicating Name/s, Designation, Phone No. and E-Mail ID of the nominees along with the fee to reach us at least seven days before the workshop, the nominations can be sent to our Kolkata, Gurgaon or Mumbai office.
The workshop is non residential; and company reserves the right to change venue, contents, dates and speakers. The service tax on fee will be applicable based on the latest Government notification in force on workshops dates.
NR Performance EDGE Consultants Pvt. Ltd.