Why This Workshop
Sales is the critical, as it is the revenue generating (top line) function for any organization and at the same time, has been, and continues to occupy a disproportionately large share of a firm’s investment, both in terms of human assets, spends and top management’s time involvement.
This workshop seeks to educate the participant on the scope and responsibilities of sales management, and apprise him in detail about certain specific aspects of sales management-sales organisation and determination of sales force numbers; monitoring and control of sales performance; and motivating the salesperson. It will also focus on channel management, the selling process, and certain emerging paradigms of sales management-relationship selling, team selling, and major/key/enterprise account management.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Sales Manager-both direct and supporting, measurable and qualitative
- Secure a detailed understanding of the issues and principles relating to designing the sales organisation and fixing of sales territories
- Understand and appreciate the different elements of sales force compensation; monitoring & control; and finally, motivation, coaching and leadership
- Understand the issues and dimensions pertaining to channel management; specifically, channel design, appointment of channel members, and control, motivation & dispute resolution
Who Will Benefit
- Sales managers at all levels and across all verticals across consumer/industrial products/services
- HO Marketing/Product Managers, who require an exposure to Effective Sales Management
- Program Overview
- Introduction to Sales Management
Sales Organization & Territory Design
- Definition and functions of sales management
- The levels of sales managers
- The extended scope of sales management
- Sales Management: the emerging challenges and technology tools
Sales Force Compensation, Control & Motivation
- Different types of sales organisations
- Pros and cons of different sales organisations
- Determination of Sales Force numbers
- A brief discussion on major/key/enterprise account management
- Elements of compensation-fixed and variable components
- Designing the right compensation mix
- Monitoring sales performance: salespersons, customers, segments, verticals, territories, products
- Price and volume variance analysis
- Motivation: internal and external drivers
- Motivation: the firm and supervisor's roles
- A brief discussion on the role of CRM software in Sales Management
The Selling Process
- Types and roles of channels
- Channels Vs direct customers: differences in required skill sets of salespersons
- Channel design and management
- Types of channel conflicts and their resolution
- Managing modern/organized retailers
Case based discussions
- AV on Selling Process
- Discussion on personal selling techniques
Recap & Key Learnings
Prof. Gautam Ghosh is an Electrical Engineer (B.Tech) from IIT Kanpur and a PGDM from IIM Calcutta. He has over 25 years' professional experience in Sales & Marketing, Strategic Planning and General Management in MNCs and professionally managed Indian companies such as Grindwell Norton (now part of the St. Gobain Group), Alstom, DLF Universal, Indian Oxygen (now BOC India) and Hutch Telecom.
He has since transited into management academics, and has been teaching Marketing and Strategy for the last 9 years. He is presently working as Dean, Usha Martin academy, Kolkata and Mentor-Campus Operations, in addition to being a Visiting/Guest faculty at various B-schools in Eastern India, such as IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur, IIFT Kolkata and the Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) of IIT Kharagpur. Prof. Ghosh has also, over the years, conducted numerous in-house and cross-company management training programmes and workshops in Marketing and Strategy for executives in the private and public sectors, as well as for the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Prof. Ghosh has, incidentally, over the years, taught an elective course on Sales Management at a number of B-schools, in addition to having conducted many MDPs on this topic for various organisations.
Recent Participants :
ABN Amro, Accenture, Acer, A.F.Ferguson, Arvind Mills, Ballarpur Industries, Bank of America, Bennet Coleman, Bharti TeleTech, Bluestar, BNPParibas, BOC, BOI, CAMS, Castrol, CII, Cognizant Technology, CRISIL, Deccan Herald, Duncans, GAIL, Godrej & Boyce, Google, Henkel Arabia, Honeywell, HPCL, IBM, ITC, Ispat Industries, Ingersoll Rand, ITC Infotech, KPMG, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Kotak Mahindra, L&T, Living Media, Lufthansa, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mico Bosch, MRF, Maruti Suzuki, Mitshubishi, NCR Corporation, Nishit Desai, NTPC, Oberoi Hotels, Oracle, Punjab National Bank, Reliance Media World, Reserve Bank of India, RMSI, Samsung, Saint Gobain, Shipping Corporation, Siemens, State Trading Corporation, State Bank Of India, SAP Lab, Titan, TVS, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Motors, Tata Power, Tata Ryerson, Tata Teleservices, United Breweries, United Spirits, Vedanta, Wartsila, WIPRO, World Bank etc.
Fees and Registration:
One Day Workshop- The fee which covers lunch & tea/coffee and reading material, is Rs 7,500/- plus service tax @12% Plus education cess @3% = Rs. 8,427/- per participant. For the organizations sending three and more delegates the fee is Rs. 7,000/- plus service tax @12% Plus education cess @3% = Rs. 7,865/- per participant. The fee is payable by cheque in favor of "NR Performance Edge Consultants Pvt. Ltd." at any of our addresses below. The workshop is non residential.
Our Service Tax Registration No. is AACCN1359CST001 & PAN AACCN1359C
Kindly send your nomination/s through email to email@example.com or on your letter head indicating Name/s, Designation, Phone No., Fax No. and E-Mail ID of the nominees along with the fee to reach us at least seven days before the workshop, the nominations can be sent to our Kolkata, Gurgaon or Mumbai office.
The company reserves the right to change venue, contents, dates and speakers. The service tax on fee will be applicable based on the latest Government notification in force on workshops dates.
NR Performance EDGE Consultants Pvt. Ltd.