Why this workshop?
This workshop will train you in improving your financial intelligence and its application and will inculcate the ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and reports, through practical exercises. You will learn the role of cash flow in business, contribution and break-even analysis and to use relevant costs for decision making.
Who will benefit and how?
This workshop is meant for
Within one day, you will learn -
- a manager who do not have formal training in finance
- a professional or an entrepreneur with a need to have a better grasp of his business finances,
- the basics of business finance,
- how to read, analyse and interpret financial statements, viz., the Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss A/C and Cash Flow Statements,
- the differences between profit and cash flow, the linkage between them, and the importance of cash flow in the business
- to determine return on capital employed (ROCE), the role of Margin and Velocity, and to use ratio analysis techniques through practical examples,
- how to benchmark profitability and other operating performance metrics of your business or division or unit,
- about cost structures, contribution & break-even analysis for decision making
- EVA model to improve business performance.
- Basics of business finance
- The science and the art of finance
- Video on business finance
- Terminology, concepts and limitations
- How to read financial statements
- Introduction to Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow
- The relationship among the three statements
- Profit vs Cash flow and the importance of cash
- Operating cash flow and concept of free cash flow
- Business Performance measurement
- ROCE and other key ratios
- Usage and limitation of ratios
- Case study on inter-firm comparison
- Some useful financial concepts
- Accounting profit vs Economic value added (EVA)
- Contribution and break-even analysis
- Relevant cost approach
- Key Learning
- Recap through a quiz format
- Summarise key learning and personal action plan
Mr. Ujjal Gupta, a chartered accountant with 35 years experience in industry, is currently a management consultant and a business finance coach.
He began working with the Unilever group in India, where he spent the first 15 years of his career. Ujjal then worked for RPG Enterprises, WPP Group and IMSG India. In his role as the CFO/COO during the last 18 years of his employment in the corporate sector, he was responsible for developing, maintaining and upgrading financial management systems in these businesses.
As Executive Director and COO of Bates India P Ltd, now part of WPP group, Ujjal was a member of its Board of Directors from 1999 till 2007. He was responsible for its turnaround in profitability and implementing growth strategies both organic and through acquisitions.
A national rank-holder in the professional examination for chartered accountancy in India, Ujjal is at present a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. In addition to his consultancy engagements, he is a visiting faculty member for finance-related programmes at executive training and development centres, and has also conducted in-house training workshops with various leading organisations, such as Hindalco, Philips India, Alstom T&D, Hindustan National Glass, ISB Hyderabad, etc.
In our workshop, we maximize knowledge assimilation in the participants through combination of execution elements like case discussions, exercises, simulated games and activities, video led sessions and discussions on global best practices. At the end of each workshop we facilitate the participants to distill Key Learning and prepare Action Plans to deliver solid business results for our clients.
ABB Limited, ABN Amro, Accenture, Acer, A.F.Ferguson, Aricent, Arvind Mills, Ashok Leyland, Aventis Pharma, Ballarpur Industries, Bank of America, Bennet Coleman, Bharat Petroleum, BNP Paribas, Central Bank of India, Colgate Palmolive, Crompton Greaves, Bharti TeleTech, Bluestar, BNPParibas, BOC, BOI, CAMS, Castrol, Cholamandalam MS, CII, Cognizant Technology, CRISIL, Deccan Herald, Duncans, Ernst & Young, Exxon Mobil, GAIL, Fiat, Godrej & Boyce, General Motors, Google, HCL, Heinz, Henkel Arabia, Hindalco, Honda, Honeywell, HPCL, Hyundai, IBM, Indian Hotels, ITC, Ispat Industries, Ingersoll Rand, ITC Infotech, Kellogg, KPMG, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Kodak, Kotak Mahindra, L&T, Living Media, Lufthansa, Mahindra & Mahindra, MCF, Mico Bosch, MRF, Maruti Suzuki, Mitshubishi, NCR Corporation, Nishit Desai, NTPC, Oberoi Hotels, Oracle, Oil India, Parle Biscuits, Pepsico, Perno Ricard, Perfetti, Punjab National Bank, RBS, Reckitt Benckiser, Reliance Media World, Reserve Bank of India, RMSI, Samsung, Saint Gobain,Shipping Corporation, Siemens, State Trading Corporation, State Bank Of India, Standard Chartered Bank, SAP Lab, Titan, TVS, Tata Communication, Tata Chemicals,Tata Global Beverage, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Tata Power, TCS, Tata Teleservices, Voltas, Volvo Eicher, WIPRO, Wartsila Diesel and World Bank etc.
Clients and Participants Speak
Fees and Registration
The fee which covers breakfast, lunch & tea/coffee and reading material.
|For 1-2 participants - Fee per participant
||For 3 or more participants – Fee per participant
7,900/- plus taxes* is Rs. 8,877/-
||Rs. 7,400/- plus taxes* is Rs. 8,315/-
|* Taxes Include - Service tax @ 12% plus education cess at 3%
The fee is payable by cheque in favor of "NR Performance Edge Consultants Pvt. Ltd."
at any of our addresses below.
Our Service Tax Registration No. is AACCN1359CST001 & PAN AACCN1359C
Kindly send your nomination/s through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on your letter head indicating Name/s, Designation, Phone No. and E-Mail ID of the nominees along with the fee to reach us at least seven days before the workshop, the nominations can be sent to our Kolkata, Gurgaon or Mumbai office.
The workshop is non residential; and company reserves the right to change venue, contents, dates and speakers. The service tax on fee will be applicable based on the latest Government notification in force on workshops dates.
NR Performance EDGE Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
C/o M L Basu & Co,
1, Lindsay Street, 1st Floor,
Unitech, South City - I
Gurgaon - 122002
c/o Maxigen Communications
C-202 Avon Plaza-1,
Thakur Complex, Kandivili (East)
For Registration, please write to us at:
or you can call the Central Line 09903720541 for any queries regarding the workshop at any of the centers.